Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Trash to Treasures....Old Tiles into Coaster!

A lot of people have been doing these, so I wanted to see how easy they really are too make. I have a family friend that works at a home goods store and she had some tiles that came in damaged. She gave me the tiles that where still in one piece. SCORE!
All you need is some Mod Podge, Spray glue, Spray Top coat, Scrapbooking paper cut to the size of the tile and some craft felt for the back. I prefer to spray glue the scrapbooking paper to the tile instead of using the Mod Podge. I get a lot less bubbles. After gluing the scrapbooking paper to the tiles, let it dry then apply your Mod Podge. Don't forget the sides! When that dries use the spray glue again and glue felt pieces to the backs to prevent slipping. Once everything is dry spray your top coat and your done! We sold these for out Team Betty Minnesota fund raiser! They were a big hit!
Don't have scrapbooking paper? A little bit of paint and some creative thinking make your own design! These stayed right here with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment